Winter weather is here, and the Christmas holidays are just around the corner. ‘Tis the season for holiday get-togethers, delicious food and of course yummy hot drinks like fancy lattes and hot chocolates.
Before you plunk down $5 (or more!) for a specialty drink at your favourite coffee shop, why not try making a delicious latte at home at a fraction of the cost? This Slow Cooker Gingerbread Latte recipe is so easy to make, and is the perfect treat to enjoy while you’re doing some online shopping, wrapping gifts or watching your favourite holiday movie with your family.
It’s also a wonderful drink to enjoy on Christmas morning or at a holiday get-together with friends. It’s easy to make a big batch of it so you have lots to go around.
Slow Cooker Gingerbread Latte Recipe
5 cups of strong brewed coffee*
1 Tablespoon molasses
1 1/2 cup of half and half cream
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ginger
Whipped cream (optional)
*Instead of coffee, you may also use 5 cups of water + 10 teaspoons of espresso powder
- Pour the coffee into the slow cooker.
- Add in the molasses, cream, and spices. Stir with whisk to combine well.
- Cover and heat on high for 45 minutes or low for 2 hours.
- Ladle into mugs or glasses. (Be careful – drink will be very hot!)
- Garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings.